Office Manager/Adminstrative Assistant
We are looking for a responsible and energetic candidate to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
The following is a description of the duties and skills needed.
1. Process accounts payable and receivable including: enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders, ensuring compliance with financial guidelines established by ownership. a. Process payments, deposits, and post into system b. Reconcile customer and vendor accounts c. Set up and maintain financial records in paper and cloud-based file system d. Make journal entries into accounting system
2. Process payroll/timecards and make sure that all staff are correctly returning timecards and other reports
3. Maintain confidentiality regarding organization’s financial and personnel information as well as our clients' personal
4. Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, maintaining filing system, handling incoming/outgoing mail, and keeping all employee records updated
5. Maintain mailing lists for special events, donation requests and newsletters.
6. Continue an efficient office
by maintaining the appearance of common areas, organizing procedures, methodical scheduling, managing filing systems, and keeping watch over supplies and equipment
7. Continuously improve systems and processes
1. Quick Books experience is preferred but not mandatory
2. Payroll processing experience 3. Proficient use of
a. Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word (including the use of tables), Excel, and Outlook and Access.
b. Adobe Pro including converting other types of documents into .pdf, compiling .pdf documents; paginating and searching .pdf documents
c. Cloud-based computing solutions
d. Effective communication skills (orally and in writing) in English
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Consistently maintains a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment.
6. Strong time-management, people
skills, flexibility, and ability to multitask.
7. Optimistic outlook and engaging personality
Education and Experience Required:
1. An associate degree or two years college coursework.
2. Or Two to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a bookkeeping and administration position
3. Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and
1. Previous success in office management
2. Experience developing internal systems
3. Ability to handle confidential information
4. Ability to work with persons with disabilities.
Supervisor Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in an office environment but is located in a rural area.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand; walk; use hands to type; reach and lift minimal weight (Less than 30 lbs.)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This will be a full-time position from $15-18 per hour based on experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com